Monday, May 5, 2014

Emotional Times





An emotional time for me was when I rolled my 1979 K5 Blazer. Seeing my baby all messed broke my heart. I put so much work into that ol' girl... I had to part it out and bring er to the scrap yard. I kept putting off bringing thee ol blaze to the scrape yard because I didn't want to see it go. Although I destroyed my vehicle I made my money back on it and then some by parting it out, but it still made me really sad. I still think about that blazer every day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. The sucky thing is I sold my dirt bike so I could have enough money to buy it. I traded my dirt bike for a car which I sold to get money to get the blazer. It makes me sad that my dirt bike is gone. I loved that thing too. I ripped on my dirt bike almost every day in any weather. In a way I am glad I had to go through all of that non-sense. In the future I will be able to tell my kids to make a smart decision when buying a car. I will tell them what I did. I won't tell them not to do what I did and buy a blazer I will just warn them that its probably not the best choice to get a blazer at a young age. A good choice is to buy a car that is save and decent on gas, and something I can fix for cheap. I appreciate my dad not telling me what to do with my money and cars, because it made me learn on my own and I like that. When he was younger he had a 79 and he rolled his as well. So I thought that was pretty weird. Some day I will get another blazer and she will be in great shape. I will bring her up to silver lake so she can breath. 






Getting her ready for when I turn 16.


2 comments:

  1. That's pretty smart how you managed to come up with the money for the blazer. Also I loved your last line, "so she can breath" and Silver Lake is the best place for that.

    ReplyDelete