Monday, May 19, 2014

Inspirational Place..

A section of Mt. Crowder
An inspirational place for me was a top Mt. Crowder's in Gastonia, North Carolina. Gastonia is about a 45 minute drive from Charlotte, NC. I went down to Charlotte, where my aunt lives sophomore year. I flew down by myself and that a great experience in itself, but I will get to that story another time. I was there for about a week and my aunt had a couple of things planned for us. One of them was climbing a pretty close to her house. Around noon we set off for Mt. Crowder. When we got there it was very woodsy, there was a pavilion to sit under and a bath house to go to the bathroom in. To the left of that was a map for the mountain and the trail to hike up it. I couldn't see the top of the mountain from where we stood from all of the tree cover. When I first looked at it I though "oh this isn't going to be to bad, we got this". We packed some trail mix and water, later we would find out we didn't pack enough water. We started our ascent up the mountain, there was a nice path up probably because a lot of people go up there. It was pretty steep on the way up and I was beginning to get a little tired so we stopped and had a snack. We continued on. When we got to the top of the mountain there were so many people. I was wearing this shirt that said "Navy Seals", I am not a Navy Seal I was just wearing the shirt. This older gentleman said to his buddy "this guy is a Navy Seal he can run up the mountain no problem!!" I laughed and told them I was not a Navy Seal, I was just wearing the shirt. They chuckled.
View of Charlotte from Mt. Crowder
 My aunt Kathy and I found a quiet spot and enjoyed the view. It was so nice on the top of that mountain. We took a view pictures, ate some snacks, and re hydrated after the walk. It was such a beautiful day and such a beautiful view. We began our descent and it went by pretty quick because we were headed downward. When we got to the bottom we headed back to Charlotte. What a fun day!
On top of Mt. Crowder


No comments:

Post a Comment